There are a number of resources families can access during this extended APS shutdown. See below for some that we’ve come up with. Please feel free to reach out to this email group or to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and visit drewpta.com and our social media outlets for updated information.
** Please note, our 3/18 PTA meeting is cancelled **
- Beginning Monday, 3/16, APS will be providing free grab and go breakfasts and lunches for children ages 2-18 during the school closure, M-F from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Drew and Kenmore MS (200 S. Carlin Springs Road).
- A partir del lunes 3/16, APS proveerá almuerzo y desayuno gratis para estudiantes de 2 a 18 años durante el cierre de las escuelas, lunes a viernes de 11 a.m. a 1 p.m. en las escuelas Drew y Kenmore (200 S. Carlin Springs Road).
HOME AND ONLINE LEARNING:
- Find home learning documents per grade level on Parentvue.
- History for Kids: www.historyforkids.net
- Typing Club: www.typingclub.com
- Drew Library: https://drew.apsva.us/library/
- Heggerty: https://www.heggerty.org/
- Scholastic Learn at Home: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Storyline: www.storylineonline.net
- Squigglepark: www.squigglepark.com//
- Math: see this link for teaching/learning at home strategies:
- Amazing Educational Resources: http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com/
- Find Drew’s Library-At-Home information here: https://drew.apsva.us/dr-charles-r-drew-elementary-school-library-at-home/. To check out books online from Drew, the 3-5 students need their username and their passwords. Pre-K -2 can use the online stories and the public library apps with a library card.
- Central and Columbia Pike plan to reopen Monday for Wi-Fi and Public PC use.
- All other Library locations will remain closed. Check back here for details: https://library.arlingtonva.us/2020/03/13/all-library-locations-closed-march-14-15-central-and-columbia-pike-plan-to-reopen-monday-for-wi-fi-and-public-pc-use/
- List of free WIFI locations for students to access in the Arlington area: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OPVWgvPS3JDmHRbB6pLaRHIQ_afnhsgk/view